Feeding your baby is one of the most precious moments in any mother’s life. Not only does this help your baby meet their dietary requirements, but can also be one of the best opportunities for bonding with the baby. From the stage of breastfeeding to bottle feeding to the stage of consuming solids, you are likely to face numerous challenges along the way, especially with keeping the area mess-free while feeding the child. However, with the latest inventions, this has become way less daunting of a task with best baby feeding products specifically designed to help ease the process of feeding your baby so that you can truly enjoy the time bonding instead of having to worry about cleanup.
Buying any product for your baby has to come with a considerable amount of research, It is because you absolutely want to be certain that the products are safe and can be used without any concern. From the material to the safety features, you have to do a thorough inspection of the characteristics of the particular product that you are going for. For a highchair, for example, you need to test the portability and the stability, ease of cleaning, size of the device, collapsibility and safety features of the device.
For spoons and other cutlery that you would utilize to feed the baby, it is very important to ensure that they are not made of plastic and are FDA approved to ensure that the baby does not consume anything that may lead to health issues. It is also advised to find spoons that are soft tipped to ensure they don’t hurt the teeth of the baby. For bottles, it is necessary to find the perfect size for the baby’s age, their developmental issues will determine the bottle shape, focus on the material of the nipple, material of the bottle, the ability to cleanse and sterilize the bottle amongst the most important features.
Best Baby Feeding Products On the Market
Best Baby Feeding Products
1. EZ-Clean Silicone Bibs
These are guaranteed to make your feeding time a lot easier and a lot less messy by providing the best protection against spillage.
Unlike traditional bibs made of cloth, these are made of silicone and do not soak up any liquids or drool. They do not attract any stubborn stains and are designed to fit children aged 6 months to 6 years. They are highly comfortable to wear and are made of food grade silicone. The adjustable neckband helps to keep the product in place while the dishwasher safe bib makes cleanup easy. They do not wet the clothes your baby is wearing and are very travel-friendly.
- The fastener is strong and doesn’t come off too easily when the baby tries.
- They last for a long time with no staining.
- It may not be good for older kids when they grow out of it.
- The buttonholes can tear with rough usage which can be problematic.
2. Comotomo Baby Bottle
The Comotomo baby bottles are one of the latest inventions in the world of baby bottles. Designed keeping every aspect of feeding time in mind, from the innovative design which is designed to encourage the baby to latch while feeding to the presence of the anti-colic vents that can help reduce the occurrence of colic, burping, gas or spit up. The bottles are also perfect for mothers and are pretty easy to clean with a wider neck. They are soft and squeezable to encourage babies to grab on. The material is silicone and is heat resistant. These bottles are perfect for babies up to 3 months.
- They mimic the milk let down common during breastfeeding.
- The dual air vents are perfect for gassy babies.
- This bottle tends to tip over too easily due to the less sturdy bottom.
- The lids can be frustrating to align in a way that prevents leakage.
3. Lansinoh mOmma Bottle
This is one of the best products designed specifically for the babies that have been breastfed and can help reduce nipple confusion. The bottle enables the baby to engage in sucking actions that mimic the process of breastfeeding and helps provide a smoother transition. The ergonomic design stimulates oral development and is anti-colic due to the Lansinoh’s Air Ventilation System (AVS)technology that prevents air intake during feeding. The bottle comes in two sizes for different ages of your baby and is made of 100% silicone and does not contain BPS or BPA.
- The product has a shorter nipple that works with gag reflexes.
- This bottle is easy to clean.
- The screw on pieces can crack if they fall on the ground.
- The flow can be too fast for smaller babies.
4. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fiesta Bottle
This is definitely one of the best baby bottles on the market and comes in a wide range of colours. They come with the unique nipple shape which mimics the natural flexing, movement and stretching of the mother’s breasts to help make the baby feel more comfortable. The compact shape can be held in three ways for easy feeding. The Easi-vent valve and the slow flow nipple allows the baby to drink at a slow pace and reduce air consumption. The bottles are easy to clean and are safe for use in both microwaves and dishwashers. The nipple is shaped like the breast and is made of BPA-free material. The pack of 6 looks really vibrant with the individual fun colours that can appeal to the baby.
- This four-piece bottle system is quite convenient and does not take too much time.
- Its wide mouth can be easy to pour milk or formula in.
- The nipples can tend to collapse.
- The flow can be too fast for smaller babies.
5. Boon Squirt Silicone Baby Food Dispensing Spoon
If you are a working mom and want to save time and prevent the mess associated with feeding your baby, this is a miracle product that works beautifully and can help you avoid so much of the hassle associated with cleanups. The spoon has a 3-ounce capacity where food can be loaded in and fed with a simple squeeze of the bottle. The spoon is perfect for feeding on the go and can help dispense the food slowly, with one bite at a time. The spoon is safe to use in the dishwasher and can be boiled/sterilized as per necessity and is made of food-grade silicone that is free from BpA, Phthalates and PVC. The spoon is not microwavable.
- The tool is great to prevent mess while eating.
- It is perfect for flights or any other travel plans.
- Food can get spilled if it gets squished.
- It can be harder to get chunkier food to go through the hole.
6. Munchkin’s Soft Tip Infant Spoons
When you are looking to make the transition from milk to solid food, you can’t use just any old spoons to do so. Babies have very sensitive gums that can be easily harmed with metal spoons, especially if they are fussing while eating. The Munchkin’s Soft Tip Infant Spoons are designed to help the baby’s first feedings and come with softer tips which can be gentler on the baby’s gums. The shallow spoons have shallower spoon bowls that can make it easy for the baby to consume. The spoons have an ergonomic design which can be comfortably held and is long enough to reach the bottom of the baby food jars. It works for top rack dishwasher and can be used for babies over 3 months. The spoons are BPA free and safe for babies.
- They are perfectly sized and very durable.
- The spoons are perfect for teething babies and do not hurt them.
- They are back heavy and can fall back.
- The spoon does not really work with dishwashers for prolonged periods of time.
7. Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Convertible High Chair
This is one of the best high chairs that grows with the family and offers a wide range of seating options from infancy to childhood and offers the ability to seat two children at once. It can transform very easily from a high chair for infants to babies, a booster for infants, toddlers and finally as a youth chair with the 6 level height adjustment and 3-position recline ability. The high chair is easily portable and has a leatherette seat pad that can be machine washed or wiped for easy comfort and clean up.
- It is very easy to clean.
- It is very durable and sturdy.
- The leather seat cover can tear with heavy usage.
- The tray is not snap off, which enables food particles to get stuck inside.
These are some of the best baby feeding products on the market that can help ease the baby’s feeding time and reduce the mess associated with feeding your baby the traditional way. It can be really hard to take care of the baby’s feeding and the process of transitioning from bottle feeding to that of consuming solids, these are just some of the gadgets that can make the process much less complicated.