Decorating a room for a baby is not child’s play. Creating your own nursery for the baby’s arrival can be a frustrating process, with the nerves already being high from the pregnancy. Often parents don’t really understand where to start and how to decorate a nursery in a way that helps in the baby’s development and caters to their needs as they grow from infancy to toddlers. These are some of the best room décor ideas that can help guide you through the process, from the basics to the accoutrements; this is the best nursery products list that helps you with all you may need for your nursery.
Buying Guide : Best Nursery Products
Apart from the normal safety issues that you must think about like the safety of the materials used and the presence of any choking hazards, there are a number of things you need to think about while buying room décor for your kids. A crib or a bed that grows with your kids is a given and a must in any nursery and is the first item you want to look for as it can set the tone for the baby.
Painting the nursery in pastels can be soothing for the eye, however, you can always jazz it up with a fun wall décor or sticker to engage them with visual stimulation. You want the nursery to be a space where they can grow, and chairs and tables are necessary furniture for toddlers. A space for storing toys is also a must to help prevent clutter. These are the basic elements you will need, though you can always jazz up the décor with more interesting and statement pieces.
7 best nursery products list
1. DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
This is one of the most beautiful cribs in the market and looks beautiful and elegant in the home. The crib is beautifully crafted and very versatile in its functionality. The crib features a beautiful and sturdy construction that can be incorporated into a lot of home décor designs. The crib can be converted into a daybed, a toddler bed and a full-sized bed. It is absolutely safe for kids and is made with a multi-step process of painting that is free from phthalates and lead. The crib comes in a wide array of colours and is a great pick due to the elegant design. The crib is made from sustainable New Zealand pine wood which ensures an environmentally friendly design.
- The build on the crib is quite sturdy and looks very elegant.
- The crib effortlessly transitions with your child throughout the growing stage.
- It can in some cases get easily scratched.
- The instructions are not too clear and can be a hassle to put together.
2. RoomMates Scroll Tree Peel & Stick Wall Decal MegaPack
If you want to jazz up the nursery walls without having to spend a ton of money, this is a very easy to use wall decal that you can use to decorate the room or any other flat surfaces. These are very simple to use and can be simply peeled off and applied to the walls. The cool thing about this decal is its ability to be removed and repositioned without the sticky residue or damaged walls that is very common with most wall stickers and thus, can be easily applied by anyone without the need for professional help. They do not contain any harmful phthalates or lead and are safe for use in children’s nurseries. Best Nursery Products
- The decal is very vibrant and big enough to cover the room.
- It is easy to apply and can be done as a fun project with kids.
- The picture diagram is marked very small and needs to be enlarged to be viewed properly.
- Unless the wall is very clean and dry before application, it can start coming off.
3. Tot Tutors Kids Toy Storage Organizer
This is one of the best products designed to help save space in your home and enable you to organize your kid’s toys in a way that is mess free, yet easy to access for the kids. The storage comes with 12 easily accessible plastic bins with 8 standards and 4 large trays that are all removable. The bins are also vibrantly coloured to improve skills pertaining to colour identification as well as cognitive and sorting skills. The shelf is just the right height for most toddlers at 31”.
- The product is pretty easy to install and setup.
- The bins have a moderately thick plastic and are not too deep which can lead to piling.
- The product is quite shaky and not too stable.
- The bins can break with rough usage from toddlers.
4. Tot Tutors Kids Wood Table and 4 Chairs Set
This is one of the best products that can be a good addition into your nursery for when your baby reaches the toddler stage and can even encourage their siblings(if any) to play with the baby. The table and chair set can help them have a place to sit with their friends for playing, doing arts and crafts or reading a book. They are great for toddlers aged 3-8 and are made of engineered wood, with the chairs being the primary colours or options for pastels or pinks. The table is 26”x22”x19” while the chairs are 10”x10”x22”. Best Nursery Products
- The table is pretty easy to install as well as the chairs.
- The table is very sturdy and can be mixed and matched for a rainbow effect.
- The plywood is pretty thin and the screws are thin and can wear off.
- The chairs can be too small for kids.
- The lack of a support in the mid-section of the chairs can cause smaller children to topple over.
5. Lizber Baby Night Light Moon Star Projector
This is one of the best ways to entertain your kids and ensure that they have a beautiful night sky to gaze up at. This projector can help you get the starry sky right into your own home and can help them watch the night sky from your home. This enables you to choose the different colour options and comes with a 360-degree rotational feature. The projector has a plastic white cover which can be turned into a night light or into a moon and star projector. The projector is powered with a USB cable or with 4 AAA batteries.
- The multiple colour settings are really beautiful.
- They have a number of different choices with the different combination of colours and white lights.
- The rotational features are not the best.
- The motor is very finicky and can stop and start at different times.
6. Baby Shusher Sleep Miracle Soother
This is one of the best soothers in the market and can help babies relax and stop crying by calming the reflexes of the baby. It uses one of the best parenting techniques and uses the ‘Five S’ technique with the help of rhythmic shushing noises which can help promote the natural calming reflexes, different in-utero noises that are up to 95dBs and is very calming to babies, it is very versatile and can be ported to different places and offers two different timing options. These offer a volume control button for choosing different sound levels. The soother has an inbuilt sensor and is BPA free and comes with 2 AA batteries.
- This actually works and helps calm babies in less than a minute.
- The timer setting is perfect as it turns off automatically without any need to do it yourself.
- The size is too big and can’t be set down on the table since the bottom is the speaker.
- The machine can’t be used with a single hand.
7. Tiny Love Take Along Mobile
This is one of the best learning devices for your baby which is engaging and provides them with the opportunity of fun learning. The device helps improve their emotional intelligence to inculcate a healthy basis for developing and learning. It helps improve learning and communications skills and sharpens the senses. The mobile can be easily carried around and can attach to strollers, bassinets or cribs to help the baby be distracted and entertained. The toys spin around for added visual stimulation and help calm down the baby. The mobile has a continuous spin cycle of 30 minutes and uses 3 AA batteries as a power source.
- It fits cribs and strollers very easily and snugly.
- The volume is very soothing and calming with a slow spin that is good for entertaining babies.
- The mobile can be a little squeaky at the motors.
- It does not attach to bassinets if there is padding or fabric on the railings.
These are some of the best nursery products to help you decorate your nursery and can help to calm your baby and provide them with an environment that is conducive to their mental and physical development. With these gadgets, you can ensure that your nursery is a space where your children can spend their time and grow from the newborn stage to the toddler stage.