A baby mobile, all colored over a crib, can brighten the mood. However, mobiles are more than just decoration: they bring many benefits to your child’s development and help you relax at bedtime.
But it is important to vary your position as your baby will spend a lot of time seeing him on top, especially at bedtime. The mobiles will accompany you at these times and contribute to your physical and mental stimulation. With this guide, we’ll walk you through choosing the most complete and, of course, the most beautiful mobile.
The most important about Baby Mobile
- Not only is the mobile a decorative object, but it also contributes to your baby’s sensory and motor development in various ways at each stage of his childhood. In addition to helping you relax at bedtime.
- Battery-powered mobiles offer many functions besides spinning and singing: there are projector purposes, lights, mute and more.
- One can find mobiles that adapt to your baby’s routine. Smaller mobiles can be carried everywhere and give your baby comfort when away from home.
Ranking: The best mobiles in the market
When choosing a mobile, you will find a multitude of trademarks, colors, and shapes. Below we will reveal what are the best options available on the market for you to select the ideal mobile for your baby.
1. Tiny Love Meadow Days Take Along Mobile
The Tiny Love brand Mobile can play 6 different songs and 18 interesting melodies, ensuring happy dreams for your baby. This Baby Mobile has a gentle nightlight help your baby comfortable in a crib during sleeping times.
2. VTech Soothing Ocean Slumber Mobile
The VTech brand Baby Mobile It has a night light, variety of continuous music and 45 different songs, melodies and phrases. The baby mobile has four hanging ocean animals such as fish, starfish, crab, and squid. And it projects colorful ocean animals on the ceiling as the leaves spin and flickers softly.
3. Manhattan Toy Wimmer-Ferguson Infant Stim-Mobile for Cribs
The Manhattan Toy brand baby Stim Mobile can develop your infant with black and white, high-contrast images and graphics. The baby mobile has 10 simple and more complicated color pattern cards that able to be interchanged.
4. SHILOH Baby Crib Decoration Newborn Gift Plush Musical Mobile (Car & Plane)
5. Mini Tudou Baby Musical Mobile Crib with Music and Lights, Timing Function, Projection, Take-Along Rattle and Music Box for Babies Boy Girl Toddler Sleep
Shopping Guide: What You Should Know Before Buying a Mobile
Before choosing the mobile for your baby, you must know the functions and advantages of the products. In this search, we address frequently asked questions from parents interested in buying a mobile for babies.
Why is it important to buy a mobile for my baby?
Did you know that mobile stimulates our baby’s brain and arouses his curiosity? Mobiles are much more than decoration. They offer various benefits to your child’s development and accompany you through various stages of your development in your childhood.
- Sensory Stimulation: Mobile is flashy because its main function is precise to draw the attention of its little one. The more colorful and bright they are, the more they will catch your eye. In addition, as they grow, mobiles contribute to a better distinction of distances and develop depth perception.
- Relaxation: The movements and sounds that the baby mobile produces can relax the child before bed. A soft melody is perfect for sleeping your little one.
- Motor Skills Development: Mobile stimulates babies’ emotions and also drives them to move. The little ones follow them with a look. Movements caused by mobiles contribute to the motor skills and coordination of babies.
Which is better, a battery mobile or an analog?
It depends on how you want to use it. Whether with batteries or with the wind, mobiles always spin. The rotation of wind mobiles will always be much more subtle, but equally relaxing for the baby.
Also, if your baby’s room is poorly ventilated, analog mobiles will not work very well. The movement of battery mobiles is not wind dependent and is more stimulating. The rotary movement is more evident and usually have sounds, including lights.
Is baby mobile safe?
Yes, but it is important to take certain precautions. Choose a mobile that does not have many small parts that could come off and fall into the cradle and risk choking.
Small babies need to have their mobiles close to their faces to distinguish them. From about five months, your little one can already raise his arms and legs and try to catch. We recommend you choose a mobile when your child reaches this stage of their motor development.
There are so many mobiles on the market that it is easy to get lost among so many colors and figures when choosing the best mobile for your baby. However, there are certain factors to be taken into account.
- Flexibility of use
Flexibility of use
Many manufacturers take into account that a baby does not only sleep in its crib. Portable mobiles like Tiny Love in our Ranking are perfect for babies who spend a lot of time in the car, for example, and need a sleep aid. A portable baby mobile should be small so that it can fit and adhere to different surfaces.
Mobile with batteries can be much more than just colors and circular motions. Many mobiles can project stars and other relaxing figures that accompany the baby at night. There are also many mobiles whose parts can be disassembled so that the baby can sleep outside the crib and have familiar objects nearby.
When choosing a mobile, always look at reviews from other parents to ensure the docking system works with your baby’s crib. Most mobiles fit any type of bar and material, but it’s worth checking if other parents have had no problem with that.
As we have seen before, the mobile is not merely decorative. Of course, we know that they are one of the focus of attention of your baby’s room. Therefore, it should be nice and have a beautiful design. If a baby’s room has a theme (wild or marine, for example) it’s easy to find mobiles that match it.
And there are also design companies that strive to create quality, less flashy mobiles. However, it is worth bearing in mind that the very neutral colored baby mobile will not catch the child’s attention so easily, meaning it will not fulfill its task.
High contrast color mobiles, especially white and black, are especially stimulating for babies a few months old. Keep this in mind if you want to buy the right mobile and contribute to your child’s sensory development early on.
Your baby will greatly benefit from a mobile. These products contribute to your sensory, motor and cognitive development. A mobile for babies with melody and smooth movements can help you relax and fall asleep.
There are endless mobiles on the market: analog or battery-powered, with lights and projectors, removable and portable. To make a good choice, it is important to consider how your routine will be with your baby’s arrival and to determine which mobile is best suited. It is also important that you evaluate what functions you are looking for in a mobile.